- Your Information
Unless we specifically notify you otherwise or you have elected otherwise, any information you provide (including any content you upload) to Shoplyst will only be used by Shoplyst or Partners to view, conduct vetting procedures and for the delivery of Shoplyst’s services to you and/or your nominated acquaintances. Shoplyst will use the information for administration purposes and for the provision to you of any information and services that you have requested. We will only disclose your personal information without notice to you when we believe such disclosure to be required by law or regulation, or to be necessary to protect or defend the rights or property of Shoplyst or the safety of the public.
Members of the public submitting feedback about Shoplyst members will not have their details made public, but please note Partners may view this feedback and any content submitted. Furthermore, the respective Shoplyst members will be made aware of the details privately where appropriate.
We will only keep a record of your information for as long as is necessary for the purposes it was provided: for example, we will only hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service that you have requested. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Shoplyst.ca uses small files called cookies to help the website to function and to improve our web-based services. Cookies are stored on your computer, and used by your web browser.
- Data Protection Compliance
“Shoplyst” is a trading name of Shoplyst.ca. registered as a company in Canada. Registered office: 128 Provident Way, Mount Hope, L0R 1W0.
- Protection of Personal Information
- Canadian law governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in a manner that recognizes individuals’ right of privacy with respect to their personal information.
- The federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (‘PIPEDA‘) sets out rules and principles for the management of personal information by commercial organizations. Shoplyst services are made available to traders and customers across Canada. PIPEDA applies to Shoplyst because it is an organization headquartered in Ontario, Canada.
- The type of personal information that is protected includes almost any information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, telephone number, age, sex, marital status and nationality. Personal information may not, however, include certain types of business or employment related information. It does not, for example, include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
- PIPEDA provides certain fundamental principles which apply to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. One of the most significant, is that your personal information generally cannot be collected, used or disclosed without your consent. It also allows you to find out why your personal information is being collected, how it is being used, where it’s being stored and to whom it’s disclosed. It requires the use of appropriate safeguards to secure your personal information. It also grants you access to your personal information and provides mechanisms for ensuring compliance.
- Shoplyst does not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or allowed by law.
- Use of Information by Shoplyst
- Registration Information is collected primarily for the purpose of identifying you as a user of this site.
- User Information, which generally includes the Registration Information, is used primarily to update you on the site, and to email you regarding new site developments and information about our services or those of our affiliates, to answer your questions, and to provide you with services that you have requested.
- User Information may also be used to determine appropriate new features, content or services for this site, to permit Shoplyst or its business partners to contact you in a more specific and focused manner depending on the content of your User Information, or to provide advertisers and business partners with aggregate but not personally identifiable information about our customers and their preferences, including statistical information about the source of visitors, sales, traffic patterns and use of services.
- If you are a registered user of this site and have provided Shoplyst with Registration Information, we may use your Registration Information and User Information to provide tailored services or other information to you.
- Anonymous Information is used primarily by us and our business partners to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics about visitors to this site. Shoplyst may also use this data to monitor site performance for systems administration purposes, to make this site and some of our services easier and more convenient to use, for law enforcement purposes, and to share information in aggregate but not personally identifiable form with our advertisers and business partners.
- If cookies are enabled for your internet browser, then they are used to help us measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics relating to your use of this site. If you are performing a search on our site, then a cookie is used to carry the search request data from the request page to the results page. This cookie, by itself, does not tell us your email address or who you are.
- Anonymous Information may be used to serve you with targeted advertising or tailored advertisements on this site. Targeted advertisements and tailored advertisements maybe be more interesting for you and are more productive for our advertisers and employers. While Shoplyst does not collect personal information automatically, if you are using the site as a Registered User we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
- Communication with Shoplyst
If you contact Shoplyst, we may keep a record of the correspondence but we do not make any use of the email address or other contact information, other than to respond to the communication.
- Improper Use of Personal Information
- Retention of Information
You may choose to delete your account from our Shoplyst records at any time.
- We maintain record retention practices and policies which apply to personal information that is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purposes, or that is no longer required or permitted by law to be retained.
- As a part of the Shoplyst record retention practices and policies, you may request deletion of your personal information by contacting our support team at Admin@Shoplyst.ca.
- All personal information destroyed or erased from our records is done so securely with due regard to the sensitivity of the information.
If you wish to correct any information you have provided to us or if you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with the site, please contact us at Admin@Shoplyst.ca